Ten Steps to Creating Safe Environments
The Ten Steps to Creating Safe Environments course is your straightforward guide to violence risk management. Ten Steps helps your organization or community assess its own risks for bullying, abuse, and other forms of violence... and prevent them.
Because each organization and community is different, Ten Steps is offered in two ways:
- in person: a certified violence prevention educator leads your group in a session (or sessions) customized for you
- online: individuals or groups sign up for a user-friendly, 3-hour online course—each learner has his or her own login and can complete the course at their own pace.
Violence risk management in straightforward steps
Going beyond the essential first step of educating participants on the problem of bullying, abuse and other forms of violence, the Ten Steps course—whether taken online or in person—
- leads learners through a process that can be applied to their own setting
- helps learners assess their own organization or community’s specific risks for violence
- offers concrete action steps that reduce the risk of violence and increase protection within the learner’s setting
- guides learners on developing effective policies and procedures to prevent and respond to violence
- provides resources and tools to help create safe environments.
An action plan for your organization or community
Upon completion of the course, participants will have a customized action plan for their own setting, and will be able to deliver a 1.5-hour overview presentation of Ten Steps to their colleagues.
To book Ten Steps or learn more
For more information on the online Ten Steps course, download the Ten Steps online course flyer or visit the Canadian Red Cross Online learning centre
For more information on the in-person Ten Steps course, please contact your local RespectED representative
Visit Shop Red Cross to purchase the Ten Steps to Creating Safe Environments guide book