1. What assistance is available at a registration centre?

Emergency Social Services are available to help meet your basic needs. This could include water, food, clothing, personal needs, blankets, family reunification, or shelter.

2. How do I register?

If you have been evacuated from a flood impacted area of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary (Grand Forks, Midway), registration can be completed over the phone by the Red Cross call centre at 1-800-863-6582 or at the reception centres at:
  • Grand Forks: Grand Forks Curling Centre, 7230 21st Street, Grand Forks, BC – open 9am - 6pm.
If you have been evacuated from Osoyoos / Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen, Registration can be completed at:
  • Sonora Community Centre: 8505 68 Street, Osoyoos

If you’re a flood-impacted resident anywhere in B.C. you can contact your local authority for more information on Emergency Social Services and reception centres in your area. Important evacuation information may also be available on local authority websites and social media accounts. Please call Emergency Social Services toll free in B.C. at: 1-800-585-9559 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday if you require information on Reception Centre locations and hours of operation or require further assistance regarding Emergency Social Services. Referrals cannot be completed over the phone.

Protect your information

We work to ensure the safety of your personal information at all times when providing emergency aid. Please be aware that we will never ask for your bank information, credit card number or social insurance number, neither online nor by phone, during the provision of emergency aid. Our call centre phone number will not appear on your caller ID as an international/US phone number. If you are ever unsure if it is the Red Cross calling you, please hang up and call our main number at: 1-800-863-6582.