BC/Yukon Health Care Professional Applications and Referrals

HELP - Health Equipment Short Term Loan

To ensure the safety of our clients, we require a referral from one of the regulated health care professionals listed below:

  • Physician/Surgeon
  • Chiropractor
  • Practical Nurse
  • Nurse
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Physical Therapist
  • Respiratory Therapist

Please select the appropriate referral form:

HELP Plus and/or Aids to Independent Living Program

All referrals must come from designated occupational or physical therapists.
If you are a health professional with access to the password protected forms and manuals, click here.

Children's Medical Equipment Recycling and Loan Service

Application process

The following Health Professionals may request durable medical equipment directly from CMERLS using our application form:

  • Dieticians (IV poles and feeding equipment only)
  • Nurse Practitioners (Biomedical equipment only)
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Physical Therapists
  • Physicians and Surgeons
  • Nurses

Please forward requests for biomedical equipment directly to the Ministry of Children and Family Development.