History of the Tiffany Circle

Tiffany Circle Stained-Glass Windows

The historic stained-glass windows in the Board of Governors Hall at the American Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C.

The Canadian Tiffany Circle was officially launched in September 2011, with Mrs. Laureen Harper as inaugural Honorary Chair. Since then, it has continued to gather momentum in cities across the country, with members spanning from coast to coast.

The first Tiffany Circle was formed in 2006 by the American Red Cross.  The name originated from the historic stained glass windows at the American Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, DC. Installed in 1917, the windows were commissioned from the Louis Comfort Tiffany Studios and jointly purchased by the Women’s Relief Corps of the North and the United Daughters of the Confederacy of the South as an act of reconciliation and hope. 

Their success inspired the launch of Tiffany Circles around the world, including Canada, Britain, France and Australia.
 
Today, there are close to 1,000 members worldwide.

We invite you to join us. Learn how to become a Tiffany Circle member by contacting:

Julie Brown, CFRE julie.brown@redcross.ca
Phone: (416) 480-2500 ext. 2245