Abuse, violence, bullying: the hurt is real – and can be stopped.
You have the right to be protected – and to be safe from violence. No one has a right to harm you, to make you feel small or stupid, or to touch you how and where you don't want to be touched. Not even people close to you. If this is happening to you or a friend, if you are afraid or hurting, please ask for help.
To get help, you can:
- Tell an adult you trust, like a school counselor, your parent or a friend's parent, your teacher or coach, a spiritual leader or your uncle or aunt. Keep telling until you get the help you need!
- Contact the Kids HelpPhone: 1-800-668-6868 or go to http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/
- Call your local crisis line.
- Keep telling until you get help—and remember: this is not your fault!
- Under 19? You have rights.
It's easy to get sucked in... protect yourself!
Love isn’t supposed to leave bruises.
Stand up to bullying.
Become a youth facilitator
To learn more about the Canadian Red Cross violence and abuse prevention program or to become involved, contact your local Red Cross office.
You Make the Difference – Support Programs that Help Prevent Violence and Abuse
RespectED programs are made possible through the generous support of donors like you. Please donate to the Canadian Red Cross Fund today.