Casual (FA 2)
Location: North Halton Branch
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking casual “F” licensed Drivers on an on-call, as needed basis.
Reporting to the Administrator, Transportation, North Halton Branch, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving clients safely to appointments throughout Halton and Peel Regions, inspecting, cleaning and maintaining vehicles and promoting Red Cross services and programs.
- Driving up to 10 clients to designated destinations, ensuring their safe and punctual arrival;
- Following a route and schedule as assigned by the office staff, transport disabled, cognitively impaired and/ or physically limited clients form pick-up point to various locations and return;
- Abiding by all policies, procedures and practices and ensuring that clients do the same to maintain safety for all concerned while en-route;
- Ensuring that the exterior and interior of vehicle is clean and presentable to clients and the public;
- Conducting mandatory MTO regulated safety checks daily on vehicle(s), noting minor and major vehicle defects, topping up vehicle fluids (e.g. gas and windshield wiper fluids) in a timely manner;
- Reporting to supervisor, any concerns regarding the condition of the vehicles which may make them unsafe to drive;
- Minimizing risk exposure to clients, drivers and vehicles while driving;
- Immediately reporting to supervisor any incidents with clients or vehicles and completing all require documentation;
- Immediately reporting to supervisor, any safety concerns for a client due to his/her condition or any occupational health and safety concerns resulting from driving a particular client;
- Completing any and all documentation and reports as required by legislation or Red Cross Policies and practices in a timely and efficient;
- Maintaining “F” license in good standing and fewer than 3 demerit points;
- Observing Universal Precautions when working with clients and others;
- Participating in disaster planning, preparedness and response as required;
- Integrating volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibilities;
- Following all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment;
- Performing other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position are a high school diploma with a minimum of two years’ driving experience in “F” class vehicles. A current class “F” Ontario Driver’s Licence with fewer than three demerit points is required. Previous experience transporting seniors, persons with physical and cognitive disabilities and wheelchairs would be an advantage.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by email in confidence to Jacqui Stokes, Administrator, Transportation, North Halton Branch at Lynda.Dickinson@redcross.ca.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Posted: May 1, 2012 / Updated: February 9, 2013
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE