Fundraising Campaign Volunteer
Position: Fundraising Campaign Volunteer
Red Deer, Alberta
Description: The Canadian Red Cross operations are funded entirely by donations and through grant application processes. Are you creative? Do you like organizing or participating in fundraising events for a good cause? Do you enjoy research and developing ideas? Our fund development team is waiting for you!
- In consultation and collaboration with Fund Development staff, assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of fundraising activities within Red Deer and surrounding communities.
- Using your unique skills in research and development, assist in researching and qualifying grant opportunities.
- Writing proposals.
DURATION: Ongoing, minimum of 6 month commitment
TIME COMMITMENT: Flexible shifts available Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon
LOCATION: Red Deer and surrounding communities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English essential; fluency in a second language is an asset
- An understanding of Red Cross programs is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful, highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities essential
- Strong computer skills required
- Experience with volunteers and work in diverse populations and understanding of cultural issues a definite asset
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- This position is subject to a successful criminal reference check.
Contact: email Leigh.Baker@redcross.ca