HELP: Health Equipment Loan Program
HELP Service Centre in Prince George.
Health care reform has reduced the duration of hospitalization, requiring more Canadians to recover from illness, surgery or injury while at home -- where equipment to provide comfort and mobility is often not available.
Many people in Northern BC and the Yukon struggle with the tremendous financial burden that illness or injury can bring. The cost of purchasing or renting medical equipment is far beyond the means of many of those who need it most.
All equipment loans require a referral from a regulated health care professional. Referrals can be provided by physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, doctors, and chiropractors.
The inventory lists are split into two categories – basic and advanced equipment. Equipment on the basic list is available at all HELP short term loan locations. Items on the advanced list are only available at Prince George Regional Office. All referrals can be brought in by clients or faxed by Health Care Professionals. Basic referrals or changes to referrals can also be provided verbally by phone from the health professional.
Referrals must be completed in full and include:
- Name, phone number and address of the client.
- Height and weight of client. Birth year.
- Name, phone number and address of alternate contact.
- Name, phone, and designation of the referring Health Care Provider.
- Name and phone number of the clients’ Family Doctor.
- List of the equipment requested with alternate choices or details.
- Approximate due date (maximum three months).
- Other information- ( i.e. Northern Health Bus required for delivery).
- Basic Equipment Referral Form, Download form
- Prince George – Basic Equipment Referral Form, Download form
- Prince George - Advanced Equipment Referral Form, Download form
Questions? Please call 1-800-278-7177.
You Make the Difference – Support Our Health Equipment Loan Program
More than 220,000 loans of health equipment are made possible through the generous support of donors like you. Please donate to the Canadian Red Cross Fund today.