How to Apply
- The ability to follow the seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, such as neutrality and impartiality in every context
- Written and oral competency in both English and French
- Excellent physical and mental health
- Comfortable in basic rural settings
- Skilled at decision-making and problem-solving
- Discreet, professional and mature
- The ability to leave for a minimum of four weeks following the Basic Training Course
- Current professional accreditation
- Relevant experience in a needed field (minimum of 3 years)
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Excellent ability to handle stress, change and situations of insecurity
- Initiative and leadership
- Familiarity with computers and software (Windows, AmiPro, Lotus, etc.)
- Current driver's license; ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle
- Canadian passport or permanent resident status
- Current basic first aid certification
- Clear police security rating
- Overseas work experience in a developing country an asset
Candidates on a mission receive a salary from the Canadian Red Cross. Compensation is based on the Canadian Red Cross pay scale for personnel working abroad.
The Red Cross covers expenses for lodging as well as travel required as part of the operation. The organization also pays a daily allowance for meals during the candidates stay in the country of assignment.
Click here for a list of current opportunities.
Should your profile match the professions for which we are recruiting, you’ll be contacted for an interview. Once you’ve been contacted, you’ll be evaluated as part of a local selection process.