Water Park Safety Tips
Water parks can be a fun place for the family this summer- however; the Canadian Red Cross has a few tips to ensure water parks are fun and safe for the whole family.
- Please read the rules! All water parks should have a general set of security regulations for you to follow.
- Read posted rules with your children to make sure they understand and know how to apply them while enjoying the water park.
- Obey the posted rules on how to sit or lie on each particular slide in order to safely enjoy the water park.
- Ensure there are life guards in close proximity, and preferably one at the top and bottom of the slides.
- Watch your children and ensure they are on appropriate water rides for their body weight and height.
- Ensure there is a First Aid station on the grounds of the water park.
- Remember to wear sunscreen-reapply every 2 hours with a minimum of 30 SPF.
- Keep Hydrated! Drink at least half a cup of water every half hour to an hour-and make sure your kids do too!